What kinds of straight trucks can commercial box truck insurance policies cover?
Commercial box truck insurance policies are available for most types of straight trucks. Businesses typically have no trouble finding policies for standard straight trucks, cargo cutaways, moving trucks, rack trucks, refrigerated trucks, tilt cabs, and other straight trucks.
Finding coverage for straight trucks that have sleeper cabs can be somewhat more difficult, but insurance is usually still available. An insurance agent who specializes in box truck policies can help businesses that need to insure sleeper cabs explore their box truck policy options.
What protections are included within commercial box truck insurance policies?
Each commercial box truck policy stipulates its own coverages, which is why it’s important to review any specific policy with a knowledgeable agent. Some coverages that most policies offer as standard or optional protections are:
- Comprehensive Coverage, which normally protects against damage that straight trucks sustain outside of accidents
- Collision Coverage, which normally protects against damage that straight trucks sustain during accidents
- Cargo Loss or Damage Coverage, which normally protects against damage to cargo that’s loaded on a straight truck
- Property Damage Liability Coverage, which normally protects against damage to other vehicle and physical property
- Occupational Accident Coverage, which normally protects against injuries that employees sustain while driving straight trucks
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage, which normally protects against injuries to persons outside of a straight truck (e.g. other passengers, pedestrians)
- Non-Trucking Liability Coverage, which normally extends protection to times when straight trucks aren’t in use
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage, which normally protects against accidents with inadequately insured drivers
Can buses be insured with commercial box truck policies?
While buses might be similar in size and design to straight trucks, the coverages included within straight trucks often don’t meet all of the needs that buses have. Specifically, box truck policies may not have enough coverage for passenger injuries if there’s an accident. Buses also may not need cargo loss or damage coverage.
Because of this, buses probably shouldn’t be insured with commercial box truck policies. A bus insurance policy is likely the better choice.
How much are the premiums for commercial box truck policies?
The premiums charged for commercial box truck policies vary, as they’re based on numerous factors. A truck’s size, use and cargo transported typically impact rates, as can where the truck is stored and driven.
Businesses can check customized quotes with an independent insurance agent to find out how much insuring their particular trucks will cost. In most cases, coverage is affordable even though rates vary.
How can Massachusetts businesses get box truck insurance for their straight trucks?
For help insuring straight trucks that are registered and used in Massachusetts, contact the independent insurance agents at The Feingold Companies. Our agents are well-versed in the many different types of commercial vehicle insurance, including box truck insurance, and we’ll make sure your straight trucks are protected well.